Saturday, November 20, 2010

Being a convict 2

     I have made many poor decisions. This is not an excuse. I broke the law. Laws that are designed to keep this the great country that it is. Yes, there are many problems in this country. Some of the problems I have contributed to. Some, I may still be a part of. But, I believe that the problems have solutions. If we could stop stereo-typing people that would be a beginning. I know that is a tall order.
     I have known a lot of inmates in prison. I always thought that I was different, because I wasn't a criminal. I lied to myself. Just because I have a sense of honor, integrity and honesty, doesn't mean that I live by these ideals. I have realized that as long as things were going my way, I lived with them. But, as soon as things weren't, I switched mind sets. I thought outside the box. Crossed the line, or whatever cliche you would like to use.  I have finally admitted that I am a criminal. A hard working, law abiding(most of the time) semi-intelligent criminal. I would like to say that I was never a criminal. Because, it makes me feel very ashamed of who I am. Because I wasn't raised that way. But, my actions all of my adult life have proved that's what I became.
     A very sad man once said to me "once a criminal always a criminal." I said at the time that he was wrong. But looking back at my thought process. I have to say that I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment