Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Being a convict

Hello my name is Leigh. I am a ex-con. The silliness of that Title is that once  a con always a con. The people in charge say that I have payed my debt to society. But, the fact of the matter is that I will always pay for my poor choices of the past. I am not blaming anyone for my situation. I am aware that I put myself in this position. I would just like the opportunity to to be a productive member of their society. I say their, because I am not part of it now or have I been over the course of the last twenty years. I feel that I am not the only one that has the issues and problems associated  with being a convicted felon. Finding a decent job is next to impossible. I have had some good jobs. But I allowed my guilt and pain of the past to pull me in  a direction that I didn't want to go.


I am rambling. This is just a place for ex-cons to voice their opinions. This is my first blog and if I am disorganized than I ask you to be patient with me. Please post your thoughts and opinions and maybe we can help each other or maybe change the way that we are seen.

2 comments:

  1. I said that this was just a place for ex-cons to voice their opinions, but I would like to hear from just about anyone. I am trying to understand this country that I love, but at times don't like much. I would enjoy discussing my problems and the problems of other that are dealing with the SYSTEM. Whether you have been in a correctional facility or have a loved one in a facility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a messed up situation. I have been looking for work a month now. I have a lot of different skills. I can repair and build computers, I have been in construction for almost 20 years. I am a born salesman, but can't find work. I am not complaining. Just stating a fact. I know that I will just have to be patient. But, with Christmas around the corner, well, must people will understand. I don't want this blog to turn into a public journal. It's not I have and issue with airing my issues, feeling and thoughts over the internet. It's more like, I would like to interact with others in a way that I can grow and hopefully other can too.

    ReplyDelete